Social Security Assistance

We provide advice for Centrelink entitlements such as Family Tax and Childcare Benefits, assistance for drought funding and all types of social security and government assistance.

Assessing your eligibility for the Age Pension and other Centrelink benefits can be a daunting and complicated task when there are many variables to consider, including how Centrelink assess your income and assets. Centrelink assess your income and assets under two separate Means Tests, but applies the Test which produces the lower entitlement.

We can help determine if you are eligible for Centrelink entitlements and advise you on ways you may be able to increase your entitlement.

Some common types of government assistance available are as follows:

Family Tax Benefit Part A To help families with the cost of raising children.
Family Tax Benefit Part BTo provide extra assistance to families with one main income including sole parents.
Child Care BenefitTo help families with the cost of child care.
Child Care Tax Rebate Child Care Benefit helps you with the cost of child care for long day care, family day care, occasional care, outside school hours care, vacation care and registered care.
Aged PensionThe Age Pension is a Government allowance paid to eligible Australians who have reached retirement age. The Age Pension is income and assets tested, which means the amount you are entitled to receive will depend on any other income you receive (from super, investments and paid work) and on the assets you own.
Rent AssistanceTo help assist persons renting who are receiving Family Tax Benefit Part A. Rate of payment determined by number of children, relationship status and rent paid. Rent must be paid to a private residence (non-government owned).
Health Care CardsIssued automatically if you are entitled to receive the maximum rate of Family Tax Benefit Part A and you get your payment through the Family Assistance Office. Other types of Health Care Cards which are available under certain circumstances, for example, if you are receiving a social security income support payment, are a low-income earner who meets a particular income test or are caring for a foster child.
Youth AllowanceA payment if you’re aged 16 to 24 years, a full time student or apprentice, looking for work or sick.